Pages

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Getting ready...

I am a MAMIL and I am about to participate in a ritual of my species.

On July 10th my wife and I (and my Pinarello Dogma 2) will fly from San Francisco to Paris to begin our adventure.  My wife will visit friends in Switzerland while I take on a grand challenge: riding some of the famous climbs of the Tour de France ahead of the peloton.

In preparation I have been training since November.  I've put in more than 250 hours on my bike riding 3600 miles since January 1st.  I ride outdoors on weekends and on an indoor trainer during the week.  I even keep a bike and trainer in Virginia so I can train in my hotel room when visiting our company headquarters.

Here is a link to the training ride I did last weekend:






No comments:

Post a Comment