Pages

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Amgen Tour of California Stage 5: Pismo Beach to Santa Barbara

It was a really hot day!  My Garmin recorded temperatures of over 105 degrees.  We rode from near Pismo Beach to Santa Barbara.   The final climb was tough but part way up I heard my name being called:  it was former Veritas colleague Andrew McCarthy who was spectating with friends.

After the final peak it was a fast descent to Santa Barbara.  But not as fast as Taylor Phinney who won today's stage after a break away on the descent.

At this point I'm pretty tired and pretty sore but the end is in sight.  Just three more stages!  Tomorrow will be a tough one with lots of climbing but it looks like the temperature will be more reasonable.

I saw a none to happy Mark Cavendish right after the finish.

























And here is my Strava data:

No comments:

Post a Comment