Pages

Wednesday, July 5, 2017

The day before...

Arrived in Pau on Tuesday but without my luggage or my bike.  Both were eventually found in Paris and sent on to Pau today.  I spent the morning exploring Pau in the clothes I had been wearing since leaving San Francisco on Monday and then went to the airport to retrieve my things.

After arriving at the Tour de Force hotel I unpacked and assembled my bike only to discover that the U.S. TSA had opened my bike bag and rearranged some of the packing causing the left downshift lever to break.  After checking around I found that there were no Campagnolo parts available (we are in France not Italy!) so I glued the parts back together.  Hopefully this will work or I will have to spend the whole day tomorrow in the big ring!

By four o'clock the day's riders started to trickle in and the last rider arrived just before seven.  It was a long, flat, super hot day for the riders today.  Tomorrow's stage is 214.5km (133.25 miles) long and features one HC, 2 cat 1, 2 cat 2, and a cat 4 climb.  Hopefully the weather will be cooler tomorrow.

I met several of the riders tonight. There are abut twenty people just joining the event in Pau. After dinner and our briefing some of today's riders were still getting massages and drying their kits.

Looking forward to an awesome ride tomorrow.

Drying kits after a long day.

End of day Massage.

No comments:

Post a Comment